Warren Filipone Park shares much of its history with its neighbor, Bo Connor Park. Once regarded as ‘a park within a park’, the 10.2 acres of Filipone were a part of the original 17 acres purchased by Radnor School District in the 1950’s and 60’s. The Township purchased the land in 1965. Today, the area is delineated by Little Darby Creek to create two distinct parks. In May of 1976, the park was named for Warren G. Filipone, a former Parks Supervisor for the Township. The dedication was a way to honor Filipone for his devotion to the Township’s parks and the recreation life of the community.
Features & Amenities
Warren Filipone Park is a 10.2 acre park located next to Bo Connor Park along South Devon Avenue. With a flat, open layout, the park is home to three tennis courts, two baseball/softball fields, a multipurpose athletic field, and restrooms. Off-street parking is available and is special needs accessible. Due to its location and abundance of recreational amenities, it is no wonder why Filipone Park is a key location for programs for both the Recreation Department and various Township-related sports organizations.
To access restrooms (April through October) use combination 1-2-3. Acres: 10.2 Ward: 6 GPS Coordinates: 40 02.450N 075 24.217W