Click Here History Originally built in the 1939 as a Federal Works Agency and Public Works Administration project, Radnor Activity Center at Sulpizio Gym (RAC) was once part of Radnor High School and used as their gymnasium. When the high school moved to its current location in 1958, the school and gym were used as part of Radnor Middle School. When the school building was demolished in 2007 to build a new middle school, the gymnasium remained. Following a renovation in 2008, the RAC was leased to the Township by Radnor School District for use by the Recreation Department for indoor programming and use by community residents and organizations. This facility adds a dimension to the programming capabilities of the Recreation and Community Programming Department.
Features & Amenities
The Radnor Activity Center at Sulpizio Gym is located in downtown Wayne, behind the Radnor Fire Company. The Radnor Activity Center is a full size, multipurpose gymnasium that is home to a variety of the Recreation Department’s indoor programs, including Radnor Youth Basketball, camps, and other seasonal programming. The size and open layout of the facility make it ideal for many sports and programs, including basketball, futsal, floor hockey, multi-sport programs, fitness classes, and special events. The RAC’s amenities also include restrooms and a party room. The facility is available to rent by residents and groups that wish to use the space for games, practices, and events.
Please do not park in the Radnor Fire Company driveway. Parking is available in the municipal lot across the street. The facility is ADA accessible. Ward: 6