Radnor Township Department of Public Works
REFUSE/RECYCLE/YARD/ BULK SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- Monday – District 1 Refuse
- Tuesday – District 2 Refuse
- Wednesday – Yard Waste & Bulk Collection
- Thursday – District 1 Recycling
- Friday – District 2 Recycling
TREE REMOVAL AND PRUNING 3/1/21 – 3/5/21:
Jimmy’s Tree & Landscape (Possible road closures, residents will have access.)
- Fairfax Rd.
- Lewis La.
- Robinhood Rd.
- Ditmar Park @ Maplewood Rd.
- Gas Main work on Boxwood Rd and Barclay Road will continue through Q1 2021.
- Following is the Current Schedule for Miller Bros. crews in Radnor for 2021, pending weather / unforeseen circumstances:
- Darby Paoli Road is closed to traffic for PENNDOT bridge work at the Willows Park entrance.
Radnor Township Department of Recreation
Winter Recreational Programming Up and Running/Coming Soon/Registration Open:
- Radnor Day Camp at Radnor Activity Center (alternative site will be used in addition) – registration will open on Monday, March 1!
- Summer Wizarding Camp at Hill Top Preparatory School – registration now open and filling fast!
- World Cup Sports Academy – various spring and summer programs
- Champions Basketball Program at Radnor Activity Center
- Little Hoops Stars at Radnor Activity Center
- Soccer Shots Junior Soccer at Radnor Memorial Park
- Junior & Adult Tennis at Radnor Racquet Club
- Men’s Pick Up Basketball at Radnor Activity Center
- Adult Pickleball at Radnor Activity Center
- Adult Bootcamp at Radnor Memorial Park
- NEW! Love & Leaders Bowl! Inaugural Flag Football 4v4 Tournament NOW RESCHEDULED from Monday, February 15th TO Monday, April 5th at Radnor Memorial Turf
- NEW! 10th Annual Daddy Daughter Date Night! took place successfully on Friday, February 5th and will take place Friday, February, 12th; event includes live, interactive activities led by Department staff via Zoom, opportunity to patron a host of local, participating restaurants, and a Take-Home Memory Box – Registration is now closed, please call for availability.
- NEW! Celebrating Radnor’s Trails New Year and Explore-a-Trail Challenge - part of the Celebrating Radnor Parks & Trails in 2021 initiative
- NEW! Gryphon Rock Hunt Along the Radnor Trail - part of the Celebrating Radnor Parks & Trails in 2021 initiative
- NEW! St. Paddle’s Pickleball Tournament will take place on Wednesday, March 17th at 9:00 AM at Radnor Activity Center
- NEW! Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt at the Radnor Trail on Saturday, March 20th (6 participants)
- NEW! Pop-Up Park Egg Hunts at Clem Macrone Park, Petrie Park, Odorisio Park, and Radnor Nature Park on Saturday, March 20th (no-registration required)
- Bishop Richard Allen Park – Bishop Richard Allen Park Wreath Laying Ceremony was a big success on Sunday, February 21st – click title for information and pictures.
*ALL programs and events are being planned with regimented health and safety guidelines in place and are subject to changes on short notice. Please visit www.radnorrecreation.com for more information and to register.
*For a copy of the Recreation Department Weekly E-Newsletter, please click here.
Park & Recreation Facilities:
- Current Status Amidst Covid-19 - All Parks & Trails and corresponding amenities are OPEN for usage including permitted usage in accordance with state and federal guidelines (water fountains remain closed) – please pay close attention to the signage that has been posted regarding safe practices for usage and mask wearing.
- Radnor Activity Center is open with Department programming, Radnor Youth Basketball, and several ongoing rentals. American Red Cross Blood Drives will take place on Friday, February 12th; Friday, February 26th, Friday, March 12th, and Friday, March 26th. The Carol H. Axelrod Memorial Blood Drive is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 4th – more information is coming soon.
Radnor Township Department of Engineering
- Onsite visit for start of TAP Trail project.
- Attend weekly update meeting for TAP Trail
- Meet with DEP on contaminated soil mitigation process at West Wayne Preserve (Waste Management & Chapter 102 groups)
- Provide Penn DOT manhole locations, by station for Penn DOT Paving program.
- Prepare Penn DOT utility relocation forms for paving program, including Willows waterline
- Morris Road and Harford sites suspended due to weather; meet with contractors on date to resume work.
- Obtain Easements for Lancaster Avenue Sanitary sewer project, West Wayne Sidewalk Project, Wayne/West Avenue Pedestrian Project
- Review submittal for proposed signal at Montrose and County Line Roads
- Respond to builders’ and developer’s inquiries
- Perform Site Inspections
- Review land development application plans
- Continuing weekly meetings with consultants (Carroll, Gilmore, Gannett Fleming) on all infrastructure projects
- Process grading permit, clearing, sidewalk, and U&O applications
- Address resident concerns.
- Respond to and meet with residents on various concerns, in most cases stormwater runoff/flooding
- Process, review, and approve invoices for payment to Finance Department
ABOUT RADNOR TOWNSHIP The mission of the Radnor Township government is to serve the best interests of all our residents by providing and maintaining a secure environment that enhances the quality of life for the individual and the community. We recognize the dignity of public service and are dedicated to the highest standards of integrity. We pledge to be a dynamic, responsive organization that continually strives to provide the most efficient and effective level of service for Radnor Township. Visit Radnor Township at: http://www.radnor.com Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/RadnorTownship/ Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/radnortownship Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/radnortownship
For more information, Press Only:
Press Information Officer
610.688.5600 x 197