Dear PECO Customer:
At PECO, we are committed to providing safe and reliable energy service for our customers and the communities we serve. As part of that commitment, we are replacing our existing natural gas equipment to enhance service in your neighborhood. This includes installing new underground pipe, which is more durable, enhances safety and improves service reliability. PECO is considered a life sustaining business and our employee and contractor crews continue to perform both emergency and non-emergency work during the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so with safety as their top priority.
Scope of Work
- Work will begin February 1ST, 2021 in the area of Lenoir Ave from Conestoga Rd to Bloomingdale Ave in Radnor Township from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- This project work may occur in roadways as well as on sidewalks and potentially on your property.
- We anticipate the natural gas main and service line installation portion of this project will be completed in 8 weeks.
- For the safety of our crews, customers, and communities, all crews and contractors will be practicing social distancing, and we ask that all customers do the same.
- PECO crews and contractors will be following safety protocols, including wearing additional protective equipment
- To ensure a safe environment when indoors, employee and contractor crews will wipe down all surfaces where the work is being performed before and after completing the work.
- To ensure the work on our equipment is performed and completed safely, for your protection and our employee and contractor crews, we may need to temporarily shut off natural gas service for a short period – approximately 4 to 8 hours – while we install the new service line to your home.
Most of the work will be performed outdoors, but to safely connect your property to the new natural gas main, PECO or a PECO contractor will need to turn off natural gas service and then enter your property to relight your appliances after the connection. We will need access to the natural gas appliances or equipment in your home so we can perform this work, and later that day to restore service and relight any appliances. At this time, we will also be relocating any indoor natural gas meters to the exterior of customer homes. This relocation work is necessary for the safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities and is mandatory per the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
This work will be performed by Miller Bros, a qualified PECO contractor. To schedule an appointment, please contact Joe Staedt of Miller Bros at 610-574-0010. We understand these are challenging times, and none of the indoor work will be performed without your consent.
Any areas impacted on your property will be repaired, the streets will be repaved, and all areas will be restored to their original condition.
We will work to minimize the impact this project will have on you and your neighbors and thank you for your cooperation. If you have any other questions about this work please call 610-832-6420 or email GasWorkInquiries@exeloncorp.com.
PECO Gas Operations