Radnor Township Department of Public Works
REFUSE/RECYCLE/YARD WASTE SCHEDULE:
- Monday – District 1 Refuse
- Tuesday – District 2 Refuse
- Wednesday – Yard Waste & Christmas Trees, Scheduled Bulk Pick-ups
- Thursday – District 1 Recycling
- Friday – District 2 Recycling
- Will continue in District #2 from January 9 to January 15.
TREE REMOVAL AND PRUNING:
- Odorisio Park: Saturday January 9
- Bo Conner Park: Monday January 11
- Gas Main work on Boxwood Rd and Barclay Rd. will continue through Q1 2021.
- Following is the Current Schedule for Miller Bros. crews in Radnor for 2021, pending weather / unforeseen circumstances:
- Darby Paoli Road is closed to traffic for PENNDOT bridge work at the Willows Park entrance.
Radnor Township Department of Recreation
Winter Recreational Programming Up and Running/Registration Open:
Winter Recreational Programming Upcoming/Registration Open:
Late Fall/Winter On-Your-Own Recreational Programming Recaps:
- NEW! 10th Annual Daddy Daughter Date Night! Will take place on Friday, February 5th and Friday, February, 12th and will include live, interactive activities led by Department staff via Zoom, opportunity to patron a host of local, participating restaurants, and a Take-Home Memory Box – Registration Now Open and Filling Fast!
- 8th Annual Santa’s Delivery – Took place on Sunday, December 6th with enormous success! Please click here to watch a video of this great initiative and its success by Main Line Network!
- NEW! Make A Contribution, Make a Connection this Holiday Season – Radnor Recreation teamed up to offer the community several ways to give and share through the Radnor Township Civic Association, Wayne Senior Center, and the Women’s Resource Center – please click here to watch a video of this great initiative and its success by Main Line Network!
- 6th Annual Garrett Hill Tree Lighting – Event took place with great success on Sunday, November 29th – please click here to watch a video of this great initiative and its success by Main Line Network!
*ALL programs and events are being planned with regimented health and safety guidelines in place and are subject to changes on short notice. Please visit www.radnorrecreation.com for more information and to register.
Park & Recreation Facilities:
- Current Status Amidst Covid-19 - All Parks & Trails and corresponding amenities are OPEN for usage including permitted usage in accordance with state and federal guidelines (water fountains remain closed) – please pay close attention to the signage that has been posted regarding safe practices for usage and mask wearing.
- Radnor Activity Center is back open with Department programming, Radnor Youth Basketball, and several ongoing rentals.
Radnor Township Department of Engineering
- Meet with consultant and owner of Eastern University on staff review letter comments.
- See attached Subdivision and Land Development Status update.
- See attached Engineering Project Inspection Update.
- Prepare bid package for 2021 Superpave Project.
- Evaluate and address severe root intrusion on three separate sanitary sewer lines, determine best method of mitigation.
- Meet with PECO for 2021 gas main installation project outline.
- Meet with Aqua for 2021 water line installation project outline.
- Site visits to Morris Road Project, grading permit sites.
- Obtain Easements for Lancaster Avenue Sanitary sewer project, West Wayne Sidewalk Project, North Wayne/Eagle Road Sidewalk Project, North Wayne/west Avenue Pedestrian Project.
- Review bid received for Arthur Lane Storm Sewer, address bidder’s questions on Wooton Road bid.
- Precon for Cumberland.
- Respond to builders’ and developer’s inquiries.
- Perform Site Inspections.
- Meter Bridge close out (final).
- Review land development application plans.
- Continuing weekly meetings with consultants (Carroll, Gilmore, Gannett Fleming) on all infrastructure projects.
- Process grading permit, clearing, sidewalk, and U&O applications.
- Address resident concerns.
- Respond to and meet with residents on various concerns, in most cases stormwater runoff/flooding.
- Prepare and send Shade Tree Commission packet to STC members.
- Process, review, and approve invoices for payment to Finance Department.
ABOUT RADNOR TOWNSHIP The mission of the Radnor Township government is to serve the best interests of all our residents by providing and maintaining a secure environment that enhances the quality of life for the individual and the community. We recognize the dignity of public service and are dedicated to the highest standards of integrity. We pledge to be a dynamic, responsive organization that continually strives to provide the most efficient and effective level of service for Radnor Township. Visit Radnor Township at: http://www.radnor.com Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/RadnorTownship/ Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/radnortownship Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/radnortownship
For more information, Press Only:
Press Information Officer
610.688.5600 x 197