Radnor Township Department of Public Works
REFUSE/RECYCLE/YARD WASTE/HOLIDAY SCHEDULE:
- Monday – District 1 Refuse
- Tuesday – District 2 Refuse
- Wednesday – District 1 Recycling/ No Yard Waste
- Thursday – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday – No Recycling/ Township Holiday
**Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be a change in recycling schedule this week. Recycling will be collected in District 1 on Wednesday. There will be no recycling collected in District 2 on Friday. There will be no yard waste collection this Wednesday.
- Miller Brothers continues PECO gas main work in the South Devon area & Beau Pre sections of the Township.
- Miller Brothers is hoping to start Boxwood Rd in mid-November if possible.
- Following is the Current Schedule for Miller Bros. Crews in Radnor. This is pending weather / unforeseen circumstances:
- ULS crews are working for PECO in the following areas. ULS is expected to start on Lancaster Ave, working towards County Line Road once finished with the tie-in of the HDD pipe.
County Line Rd
- Darby Paoli Road is closed to traffic for PENNDOT bridge work at the entrance to the Willows. The project is anticipated to last for the remaining of 2020.
- Aqua will be installing 2,104 feet of Water Main and water services on Radnor Street Road starting at Eagle and working down to Walnut. They will proceed on Walnut to Woodland Ave. Work. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Residents will have access.
- The Engineering Department project at the Tunnel in Rosemont has Conestoga Road closed through mid-December.
Radnor Township Department of Recreation
Recreational Programming Up and Running/Registration Open:
- 8th Annual Santa’s Delivery - Gift Drop Off will take place on Saturday, November 28th from 8:30 to 11:00 AM and the Delivery Date will be on Sunday, December 6th starting at 12:00 PM – please visit the event webpage for more information on Santa’s Delivery’s health and safety guidelines and procedures.
- NEW! Make A Contribution, Make a Connection this Holiday Season – Radnor Recreation has teamed up to offer the community several ways to give and share through the Radnor Township Civic Association, Wayne Senior Center, and the Women’s Resource Center!
- 6th Annual Garrett Hill Tree Lighting – Event will take place on Sunday, November 29th at 5:30 PM and via Facebook Live at Radnor Township Recreation – please visit the event webpage for more information on health and safety guidelines and procedures for this event.
*ALL programs and events are being planned with regimented health and safety guidelines in place and are subject to changes on short notice. Please visit www.radnorrecreation.com for more information and to register.
Park & Recreation Facilities:
- Current Status Amidst Covid-19 - All Parks & Trails and corresponding amenities are OPEN for usage including permitted usage in accordance with state and federal guidelines (water fountains remain closed) – please pay close attention to the signage that has been posted regarding safe practices for usage and mask wearing.
- Radnor Activity Center is open with Department programming, Radnor Youth Basketball, American Red Cross Blood Drive on 11/19 and 11/20, and several ongoing rentals.
- Bo Connor Park & Clem Macrone Park basketball courts will be used by the Radnor Youth Basketball Program on Saturdays and Sundays through December – this is a permitted usage that restricts public usage at the courts for limited times.
Radnor Township Department of Engineering
- Obtain Easements for Lancaster Avenue Sanitary sewer project, West Wayne Sidewalk Project, North Wayne/Eagle Road Sidewalk Project, North Wayne/west Avenue Pedestrian Project.
- Meet with PECO for 2020 gas main installation completion schedule.
- Continue resident meetings on the Gulph Creek Flood Plain Creation Project.
- Respond to builders’ and developer’s inquiries.
- Perform Site Inspections
- Meter Bridge Close Out
- Review land development application plans.
- Continuing weekly meetings with consultants (Carroll, Gilmore, Gannett Fleming) on all infrastructure projects.
- Process grading permit, clearing, sidewalk, and U&O applications.
- Address concerns and accept applications at front desk.
- Respond to and meet with residents on various concerns.
- Respond to bidder’s questions on the following projects:
- Arthur Lane Storm Sewer Pre- bid meeting
- Wooton Lane Storm Sewer – Prebid meeting
- Cumberland Place Storm Sewer – answer bidders questions, residents questions
ABOUT RADNOR TOWNSHIP The mission of the Radnor Township government is to serve the best interests of all our residents by providing and maintaining a secure environment that enhances the quality of life for the individual and the community. We recognize the dignity of public service and are dedicated to the highest standards of integrity. We pledge to be a dynamic, responsive organization that continually strives to provide the most efficient and effective level of service for Radnor Township. Visit Radnor Township at: http://www.radnor.com Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/RadnorTownship/ Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/radnortownship Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/radnortownship
For more information, Press Only:
Press Information Officer
610.688.5600 x 197