Radnor Township Department of Public Works
Refuse/Recycle/Yard Waste Schedule:
- Monday – District 1 Refuse
- Tuesday – District 2 Refuse
- Wednesday – Yard Waste
- Thursday - District 1 Recycling
- Friday – District 2 Recycling
Township Paving Project to Continue Through Next Week
- Allen Myers, Inc. will be milling and paving various streets throughout the Township as part of the 2020 Superpave project. Work will continue until the project is done. Please check the Township website for schedule updates.
- Miller Brothers continues PECO gas main work in the South Devon area & Beaupre sections of the Township.
- Along with the above work South Devon Ave. will be closed a block at a time for gas main installation.
- Kehoe Construction will be doing roadway reconstruction beginning Monday, Sept. 14 on Longwood.
- Darby Paoli Road is closed to traffic for PENNDOT bridge work at the entrance to the Willows. The project is anticipated to last for the remaining of 2020.
- Aqua will be installing 2,104 feet of Water Main and water services on Radnor Street Road starting at Eagle and working down to Walnut. They will proceed on Walnut to Woodland Ave. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Residents will have access.
Radnor Township Department of Engineering
- Finalize plans for the North Wayne/Poplar Pedestrian Safety Project
- Continue resident meetings on the Gulph Creek Flood Plain Creation Project
- Respond to builders’ and developer’s inquiries
- Perform Site Inspections
- 2020 Superpave Project slated to begin
- Site visits to Meter Bridge Replacement Project
- Review land development application plans
- Continuing weekly meetings with consultants (Carroll, Gilmore, Gannett Fleming) on all infrastructure projects
- Process grading permit, clearing, sidewalk, and U&O applications
- Address concerns and accept applications at front desk.
- Respond to and meet with residents on various concerns
Radnor Township Department of Recreation
Current Status Amidst Covid-19:
- All Parks & Trails and corresponding amenities are OPEN for usage including permitted usage in accordance with state and federal guidelines (water fountains remain closed) – new stake signage was developed and has been posted regarding safe practices for usage and mask wearing.
- Radnor Activity Center is CLOSED.
Parks Department Activity:
- Worked with contractor to treat the ponds at both Fenimore Wood and the Willows – at the Willows, one fountain was removed due to faulty operation and will be reinstalled in early September (both fountains will have a different pattern that will put more oxygen into the water to decrease the bacteria and algae growth).
Park Project Updates:
- Bo Connor Park/Warren Filipone Park: Final project closeout still in process, punch list being completed, contractor conducted ponding evaluations at basketball court and tennis courts and fixed ballfield swing gates; tree plantings at Filipone Park entrance will be removed and replanted; mulch bin area is being re-evaluated similar to project at Emlen Tunnell Park; grand re-opening ceremony was postponed until further notice.
- Fenimore Woods Rehabilitation Project: Continued to work with Gilmore & Associates on bid development (the project has been presented to the BOC and they have authorized bid); tree removal and replacement plan was approved at the July Shade Tree Commission Meeting; NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System/US Environmental Protection Agency regulated) application has been submitted to the state and we are awaiting comments regarding the project; review and refinement of bid package underway.
- Willows Park: Bridge replacement underway along Darby-Paoli Road near the park entrance causing temporary closure to the park entrance through the end of the year.
ABOUT RADNOR TOWNSHIP The mission of the Radnor Township government is to serve the best interests of all our residents by providing and maintaining a secure environment that enhances the quality of life for the individual and the community. We recognize the dignity of public service and are dedicated to the highest standards of integrity. We pledge to be a dynamic, responsive organization that continually strives to provide the most efficient and effective level of service for Radnor Township. Visit Radnor Township at: http://www.radnor.com Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/RadnorTownship/ Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/radnortownship Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/radnortownship