DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
REFUSE/RECYCLE/YARD WASTE HOLIDAY SCHEDULE:
- Monday – District 1 Refuse
- Tuesday – District 2 Refuse
- Wednesday – Open Stops / Yard Waste
- Thursday - District 1 Recycling
- Friday – District 2 Recycling
- Miller Brothers continues PECO gas main work in the South Devon area & Beaupre sections of the Township.
- Along with the above work South Devon Ave. will be closed a block at a time for gas main installation.
- Darby Paoli Road remains closed for PENNDOT bridge work
- County Line Road closure between Matsonford Rd. & North Spring Mill Rd. (320)
*PECO will be performing tree trimming
*County Line will be closed weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. & Saturdays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
*Residents will have access to their homes
*PECO continues to replace 42 Telephone poles on County Line Road in the area of Wistar Road
- Roberts Rd. will be closed between Robinhood and Woodlea Rd. from May 4th to August 7th for culvert work.
- PENNDOT night-time paving complete. Pavement markings to be installed.
DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING
- Radnor TAP Trail – Obtaining the final signed easement agreements.
- North Wayne Sidewalk Project – scheduling sidewalk meeting with Ward Commissioner and Manager to review project.
- Lancaster Avenue Sidewalk, Barleycone to Garrett Avenue –Meeting with Ward Commissioner and Manager to present plans.
- Poplar – North Wayne Pedestrian Safety Project – Will be contacting property owner regarding the signal controller easement.
- PECO gas- trying to schedule a meeting via Go To Meeting to finalize plans for gas relocation
- Regarding the Malin Road Culvert – concerns with PECO methodology for the project. PECO to respond to Township requests.
- Respond to builders’ and developers’ inquiries.
- Perform Site Inspections
- Review land development application plans.
- Continuing weekly meetings with consultants (Carroll, Gilmore, Gannett Fleming) on all infrastructure projects.
- Process grading permit, clearing, sidewalk, and U&O applications.
DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION
New Programming Available:
- Radnor Day Camp –
- Live, Interactive, Virtual Radnor Day Camp is taking place safely and securely on Zoom each day and staff are providing an engaging and energizing experience for campers!
- Park-Based Radnor Day Camp is taking place safety at two amazing park locations, Clem Macrone Park & Warren Filipone Park/Bo Connor Park with a variety of low/no contact activities. Staff members have established a camp culture of safe practices in accordance with a defined set of procedures that have been developed relative to the CDC Guidelines by our Department.
- Family Weekly Wellness Challenge – We are challenging families to 4 weeks of wellness activities designed for your entire family. Each week will have a different wellness focus including physical fitness, healthy eating, mental wellness, and community wellness! So far families continue to submit their photos to us demonstrating their active participation and commitment to the program!
- Gryphon Fitness Challenge – Take the challenge of walking, running, cycling, or skating 2 or 5 miles in this virtual, on your own and on your own course activity now through August 31st. Participants will receive a t-shirt and medal and race bib! A 4th of July special is currently being offered “2 for 1” through Friday, July 10th.
- Select summer programs are being planned in accordance with the CDC Considerations regarding Youth and Summer Camps and include our annual Wizarding Camp and Survivor Nature Camp. Please visit our Programming Page for continued updates.
- Great American Backyard Campout – This year’s event took place ‘at home’ in the comfort of your own backyard or living room on Saturday, June 20th. Families were encouraged to submit pictures and videos of their home set up for chance to win an awesome prize pack provided on behalf of Out There Outfitters in Wayne – click here to view the creativity and enthusiasm of our winners!
- Two Radnor Summer Concerts are being planned with safety practices in place!
- Join us for the Clem Macrone Park Concert on Wednesday, July 15th from 6:00 to 7:30 PM, concert will feature Children’s Musician Steve Pullara.
- Join us for the Bo Connor Park Concert on Wednesday, July 22nd from 6:00 to 7:30 PM that will feature Melissa Martin and the Mighty Rhythm Kings as well as a ribbon cutting ceremony during the concert intermission to celebrate the recent improvements that took place at Bo Connor Park and Warren Filipone Park.
- Night at the Ball Park will take place on Wednesday, July 29th at Encke Park starting at 6:00 PM. More information will be available next week.
- Unity in our Community Event is currently postponed and we are working with the event representatives an alternative event.
ABOUT RADNOR TOWNSHIP The mission of the Radnor Township government is to serve the best interests of all our residents by providing and maintaining a secure environment that enhances the quality of life for the individual and the community. We recognize the dignity of public service and are dedicated to the highest standards of integrity. We pledge to be a dynamic, responsive organization that continually strives to provide the most efficient and effective level of service for Radnor Township. Visit Radnor Township at: http://www.radnor.com Like us on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/RadnorTownship/ Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/radnortownship Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/radnortownship