As the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania works to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, Radnor Township has moved to “Yellow Phase” effective June 5th, 2020. The Radnor Township Administration, working together with the Radnor Township Board of Commissioners and Wayne Business Association, is committed to leading Radnor’s economic resurgence as we overcome the unprecedented COVID-19 health crisis. By working together with all stakeholders, we hope to support businesses re-open and ensure the ongoing health and safety of employees and customers.
In this spirit of helping the Radnor business community, Radnor Township will sponsor a Picnic Grove in the North Wayne Parking Lot. The goal of the Picnic Grove is to enhance the entire downtown Wayne shopping district by allowing a greater number of outdoor tables and seating to provide space for more people to eat and shop in Wayne. All are welcome to enjoy the space and support your favorite business while practicing social distancing.
Please note the following guidelines for tent usage:
- The Picnic Grove is in the North Wayne Parking Lot (adjacent to Weichert Realtors) and is sponsored and maintained exclusively by Radnor Township.
- The Picnic Grove will open to the public on Wednesday June 10th, 2020 and remain open thru July 10th, 2020.
- The Picnic Grove hours of operation are 8am – 10pm.
- The Picnic Grove will include a tented picnic area with lights and restrooms (port-a-potty).
- Capacity will be 100; socially distanced tables and chairs will be provided.
- There are barriers on either side of the tent preventing vehicles from accessing the Picnic Grove at any time.
- Radnor Township will contract with an outside vendor to provide for sanitation and porter services for the Picnic Grove thru the “Yellow Phase”. The porter will service the tent between the hours of 12pm and 10pm daily.
- The Picnic Grove is meant to compliment outdoor dining, not replace it. Those restaurants who have outdoor dining permits or who will seek to obtain one during the emergency declaration period are encouraged to do so.
- There are no restrictions or time limits enforced for seating. Please be aware this is a community space and intended to be shared with everyone. For this to be successful, we encourage reasonable turnover.
- There is no smoking permitted in the Picnic Grove at any time.
- Retailers will be permitted to set up merchandise outside their stores, on the sidewalks provided that (a) they provide the code required space for walkers and (b) they stay within their store frontage.
- Radnor Township Parking Authority will enforce free, two-hour parking in the area. Tickets will be issued if the parking rules are violated. (Subject to change.)
- Radnor Township Police Department will provide the following:
- During the first week: x1 Walking or bike detail to monitor crowd control / gathering size
- After first week, weekends only: x1 Walking or bike detail to monitor crown control / gathering size
- Practice social distancing and please stay home if you are sick. Masks are encouraged in and around the tent area. Tables will be arranged 6ft apart in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Please visit https://www.pa.gov/guides/responding-to-covid-19/#PhasedReopening for safe gathering guidelines.
In anticipation of the Picnic Grove grand opening on Wednesday June 10th, head outside and visit our local restaurants and retailers! Radnor is open and ready to serve shoppers while adhering to all safety guidelines. Welcome back, Radnor!