PECO to Restrict Several State Highways for Utility Improvements Across Philadelphia Region
King of Prussia, PA – PECO Energy is planning lane closures next week on several state highways across the Philadelphia region including Route 513 (Hulmeville Road) in Bucks County, Route 73 (Skippack Pike) in Montgomery County and U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) in Delaware County for utility installations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, June 17, and Friday, June 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a single lane closure is planned on Route 513 (Hulmeville Road) between Woodbine Avenue and Lavender Road in Bensalem Township, Bucks County;
- Monday, June 17, through Friday, June 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a single lane closure is planned on Route 73 (Skippack Pike) between Valley Road and Union Meeting Road in Whitpain Township, Montgomery County;
- Tuesday, June 18, through Friday, July 12, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM, weeknight lane closures are scheduled on U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) between Cambria Court and Chamounix Road in Radnor Township, Delaware County;
- Tuesday, June 18, through Friday, July 19, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM, weeknight lane closures are scheduled on Route 63 (Sumneytown Pike) between Troxel Road and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Interchange in Towamencin Township, Montgomery County;
- Thursday, June 20, through Friday, July 12, from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM, nightly lane closures are scheduled on U.S. 202 (Dekalb Pike) between Town Center Road and King Circle in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County; and
- Thursday, June 20, through Friday, July 19, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM, weeknight lane closures are scheduled on Route 252 (Providence Road) near Monroe Avenue in Media Borough, Delaware County.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
PECO Energy will complete these projects under a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDepartmentofTransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brad Rudolph, 610-205-6800