Make a Difference: Volunteer for Holisticare Hospice
Volunteering is extremely rewarding. As a Holisticare Hospice volunteer, you make a difference in another person’s life. You’ll feel a sense of accomplishment by improving the quality of life of someone at the end of life. You can also establish relationships with patients, their families and our hospice team.
Become a volunteer today!
How can you help patients and families?
- Listening as a patient shares memories, feelings and fears
- Filling in to give a family caregiver a short needed break
- Making supportive calls and visits to bereaved family members and friends
- Providing administrative support in the Holisticare Hospice Berwyn office
- Running errands, performing light housekeeping chores
- Visiting lonely patients in nursing homes or assisted living facilities
- Reading, playing games, listening to music with a patient
- Contributing to our patients’ quality of life just by being there
Specialty volunteers provide massage, play music and bring their pets to visit. Student volunteers find many opportunities to gain valuable experience while meeting their school’s requirements.
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
Application instructions: Visit our website listed below and click on the volunteer tab. Download the Volunteer application, fill it out and email it to our Internship Coordinator, Cyndi Philkill at her email listed below. For more information please call our office at 610-995-0100 and ask for Cyndi.
Address: 685 Kromer Avenue Berwyn, PA 19312 Phone: 610-995-0100