Jim started with Radnor Township part time in March of 2000. On October 19, 2001 the position of Video Coordinator was created and he was appointed as such. In July of 2007 his title and duties changed to the newly created position of Telecommunications Coordinator, serving in the Information Technology Department under the IT Director.
His current title is Cable, Web & Communications Coordinator and some of his duties are:
- Responsible for Government Access Television Channel (RTV)
- Produce, Direct and Film Live Broadcasts
- Produce, Script, Direct, Film and Edit Programs & PSA's
- Maintain Computerized Public Bulletin Board
- Webmaster for www.radnor.com
- Responsible for General & Emergency Notification System
- Communications and Press Releases
- Photography and Video
- Support Information Technology and Help Desk
- Recruits local students for internship program
- Maintains all audio-visual equipment
- Schedules Room Rentals
- Maintains Township Meeting Calendar
- Liaison for Citizens Communications Council
- Chairman of the Radnor Township Workplace Safety Committee
Jim grew up in Radnor and graduated from Radnor High School. He now resides in Coatesville.
There are roughly 168 public Township meetings televised each year. RTV broadcasts over 5720 hours of programming and 3040 hours of community bulletin board each year. Between Comcast and Verizon customers there are almost 13,000 potential RTV viewers.